Lynette Young has been helping others put their dreams into action as a digital media coach, social technology specialist, and a strategist for businesses digital and social media endeavors since 2006. Ms. Young is the founder and curator of Women of Google+ and is one of the 50 Most Followed Women of Google+ with over 1.5 million followers.
Purple Stripe Productions, started in 2006 and named after the purple stripe in her hair, is her extremely successful business in which she brings precision, detail, and creative flair to organizations in need of defining their social media outreach and technology strategies. She is a Board Member of and Strategic Advisor to a number of digital marketing agencies and technology startups.
An engaging and informative speaker in the social media and technology front, her specialties include Google+, current and future technologies and communication trends.Information is listed here for the convenience of journalists, podcasters, bloggers, and clients.
Media / PR Contact:
- Publicist, Jane Ellen : Email
- Phone : (609) 858-2016
Distinctions of Honor
- Lynette Young is a finalist for the 2009 New Jersey Social Media Hall of Fame
- Speaker at TEDxNJLibraries conference on May 7, 2010. The conference theme is Culture & Community. TEDx was created in the spirit of TED’s mission, “ideas worth spreading.” The program is designed to give communities, organizations and individuals the opportunity to stimulate dialogue through TED-like experiences at the local level.
Public Speaking Reviews:
- How to Attract Members to Your Online Community (PR Newswire / ProfNet)
- BlogWorld Recap: Social Media and Blogging Lessons from the Pros : Taking The World’s Stage: Women Using Social Media / Review & exclusive video interview with Shareaholic
- Women and the Fear of Social Media (NY Convergence)
- Google’s Project Glass (Tech News World / Emerging Tech)
- Social Media Club Princeton NJ Region - Director of Programming, 2009 – Present
- PodCamp Philly - Organizer & Speaker, 2007 – Present
Select Speaking Experience
- Social Media Plus
- BlogWorld & New Media Expo LA
- BlogWorld & New Media Expo NYC
- Princeton University
- Ignite Wilmington
- Philadelphia Women in Tech Summit
- PodCamp Boston
- PodCamp New York
- PodCamp Philadelphia
- Portable & New Media Expo
- Web 2.0 Expo / Web2Open
- Social Media Club Princeton NJ
- Social Media Club Philadelphia PA